Welcome to CUCB!
The Cambridge University Ceilidh Band is a thriving non-audition society of energetic musicians brought together by our inexhaustible enthusiasm for folk music. While the society's origins are in folk tunes from the British Isles, our interests have expanded and we now perform a wider variety of folk music.
We are always available for ceilidhs, May Balls, weddings, birthday parties, or any other events which might benefit from our talent and energy. With a rotating lineup, we play at over 70 events a year, mainly around Cambridge. Since we are so active, we, and our associated callers, have a wealth of experience to offer in creating the perfect atmosphere for an fantastic evening's dancing, or perhaps simply livening up a social occasion. If this sounds interesting, we look forward to hearing from you!
On the other hand, if you like the idea of getting involved in the band and would be interested in joining us, then you are warmly encouraged to browse the information on the site, join our mailing list and come along to a rehearsal!
Come and discover what happens at Ceilidh Band. We would love to welcome you!
(*The church opposite Pembroke College: click here for a map!)
- Absolutely any instrument and any standard welcome, no previous folk experience necessary.
- Free food and drink provided.
Have a poke around here for lots more info and photos...
... and feel free to contact our President or Secretary if you have questions!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
~ Stephanie, President
CUSRC Freshers Ceilidh
Come along to the joint CUCB and CUSRC to find out about both societies, meet new people and have a great evening of dance! Entry £5 Students/Unwaged, £7 Waged.
Our website is currently in the process of being updated, so apologies for any problems you encounter - please don't hesitate to email the webmasters if you have any problems using the site!
Keep In Touch!
If you're interested in the band, there are a few ways you can keep up with what we're doing.
- Bookmark this page. If you add this page to your favourites and visit back from time to time, you'll find any details of upcoming public gigs right here on the front page. You'll also keep on top of any big news in the band!
- Join a mailing list. There are several mailing lists, described here, including one for those interested in hearing about our public gigs. If this sounds interesting, e-mail the webmaster (using this link) giving your name, e-mail address and saying you would like to join soc-cucb-interested.
- Follow us on Facebook. Like our Facebook page!
- Follow us on LinkedIn. See our LinkedIn page, and follow us!