Welcome to CUCB!
The Cambridge University Ceilidh Band is a thriving non-audition society of energetic musicians brought together by our inexhaustible enthusiasm for folk music. While the society's origins are in folk tunes from the British Isles, our interests have expanded and we now perform a wider variety of folk music.
We are always available for ceilidhs, May Balls, weddings, birthday parties, or any other events which might benefit from our talent and energy. With a rotating lineup, we play at over 70 events a year, mainly around Cambridge. Since we are so active, we, and our associated callers, have a wealth of experience to offer in creating the perfect atmosphere for an fantastic evening's dancing, or perhaps simply livening up a social occasion. If this sounds interesting, we look forward to hearing from you!
On the other hand, if you like the idea of getting involved in the band and would be interested in joining us, then you are warmly encouraged to browse the information on the site, join our mailing list and come along to a rehearsal!
Come and discover the weird and wonderful world of the Cambridge University Ceilidh Band! We'd love to welcome you to Cambridge in our own unique way.
(*The church opposite Pembroke College: click here for a map!)
- Absolutely any instrument and any standard welcome, no previous folk experience necessary.
- Free food and drink provided.
Have a poke around here for lots more info and photos...
... and feel free to contact our President or Secretary if you have questions.
Very much looking forward to seeing you there!*
~ Robin (President) & committee
* PS: If you can't make it, come along any Thursday you can, it's totally fine!
CUCB-Reel Club Freshers' Ceilidh
Join Cambridge University Ceilidh Band and the Cambridge University Strathspey and Reel Club for a fantastic evening of dancing to welcome in the new year!
Everybody is welcome – no experience whatsoever is necessary, and there's no need to bring a partner. CUCB's very own (and very lovely) Paul Martin will be calling, so just follow along with the instructions and while away the night as only folk dancers dare.
We'll be in the the main hall at Emma URC. Join us at 8 o'clock on Monday 12th - hope to see you then!
Entry prices TBC, but likely in the £5-£10 range.
Keep In Touch!
If you're interested in the band, there are a few ways you can keep up with what we're doing.
- Bookmark this page. If you add this page to your favourites and visit back from time to time, you'll find any details of upcoming public gigs right here on the front page. You'll also keep on top of any big news in the band!
- Join a mailing list. There are several mailing lists, described here, including one for those interested in hearing about our public gigs. If this sounds interesting, e-mail the webmaster (using this link) giving your name, e-mail address and saying you would like to join soc-cucb-interested.
- Follow us on Facebook. Like our Facebook page!
- Follow us on LinkedIn. See our LinkedIn page, and follow us!